A: Absolutely and as a matter of fact, since COVID started we saw a shift in individuals traveling that do not want to be on an airplane. They don’t want to be in a congested airport either. Also, they want the flexibility to leave from their own home or office whenever they want to.
They can come back whenever they want without having to be restricted to airlines schedules, changes, or even cancellations by using companies like Excelsior Transportation. They have their own private vehicle, one on one with the driver to go to Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and even parts of Louisiana.
Also, we provide service all over the country nationwide wherever we’re needed.
Earlier this year we did a comparison between flying from Houston to Dallas or Austin vs. hiring a Houston limo service. Once we ran the numbers we determined that it was not only more productive and convenient to hire a Houston limo—but it was cheaper.
Yes. CHEAPER. Well, we wanted to revisit that given the swift changes that have impacted the travel industry. You might be surprised to find out that not only does our claim hold up but it’s even MORE expensive to fly now, than back in February.
A sharp and rapid rate of inflation during this current administration has sent prices for everything skyrocketing. This is especially true for the price of jet fuel. Just as you’re feeling the pain at the pump when you drive, jet fuel costs even more.
But other factors are making air travel so expensive these days and, ironically, one of them is—DEMAND. The fact of the matter is, post-lockdown, businesses accept certain cost increases— they have no choice. Business travel is essential and sometimes, air travel is the optimal choice.
Why Hiring A Houston Limo To Dallas or Austin Makes Even More Sense Now
When you’re making what the airlines call a “puddle-jump” trip where you’re flying in-state, you will rarely find specials. The airlines know the demand for those flights is a given, so there’s no need to offer promo pricing.
However, now three other compounding factors are making the case for hiring a Houston limo company instead even stronger.
- Vaccine Mandates — With the new vaccine mandates imposed by the Biden administration airlines that are federal contractors are roped into that. For example, Southwest Airlines, the largest intrastate travel airline, has faced backlash. This has resulted in a significant number of pilots and crew refusing. The domino effect from that is far fewer flights and more frequent delays and cancellations.
- Airline Competition— With Southwest, a budget airliner famous for these puddle jumper flights, unable to deliver, others have stepped in. These airlines have far more overhead than Southwest and charge full fare. This means, if you need a last-minute flight Southwest doesn’t have, you’re going to pay more. The average cost from IAH to DFW right now is $321 and the TSA lines are abysmal right now—just watch the news.
- Rental Car Prices — Because of a shortage of rental cars, prices have gone up sharply for what supply there is. Rental companies can’t get new vehicles due to an auto manufacturer shortage that’s affecting the entire industry. A rental you could have gotten for about $87/day a year ago—now goes for about $160/day. Add that to the cost of your business trip and it’s getting quite costly now. And rideshare/taxi? They’re having trouble getting drivers so then there’s that.
So, add up the flight, rental car for 2 days (avg), and a hotel: You’re looking at about an $850.00 trip. And you burn half a day of productivity at the airport.
Hiring a Houston Limo Is SAFER
Not only is it more affordable to hire a Houston Limo service like Excelsior to go to Dallas or Austin–it’s safer. Granted, there’s no way to guarantee you won’t catch COVID from everyday exposure running errands, or traveling. However, being crammed into a crowded plane for an hour with people who might be a carrier of COVID?
That is a risk most people don’t want to take, not to mention all the time you waste in getting on the plane. However, with intrastate limo service from Excelsior, your safety is priority #1 and we do everything we can to prevent COVID transmission.
At Excelsior, we understand that the risks associated with common cold, influenza, and COVID-19 can all be potentially spread by droplets. These infections are spread when a sick person talks, coughs, or sneezes. These droplets can travel through the air for several feet and can be breathed into the nose and mouth of another person, where the virus can grow and make that person sick.
To ensure that we are providing the safest customer service possible, we are utilizing the Hierarchy of Controls methodology when applying potential safeguards.
Hierarchy of COVID-19 Control
- Elimination – Disinfect the vehicle before and after each trip
- Substitute – Limit the number of passengers for each trip (use another vehicle)
- Engineering Control – Implementation of the Driver Shield
- Administrative control – Screening policy in place to ensure drivers are fit for duty and tested regularly
We have taken the most aggressive, yet unintrusive approach to protecting our clients than any other transportation service in Houston. We have been able to do this without disrupting the luxury feel of taking a car service. We’ve done this in part by installing unique, optically clear passenger protection shields by Foxmark. These shields offer maximum protection between driver and passengers while maintaining visibility and pleasing aesthetics.
After safety, we’re most concerned about being a convenient option for you that doesn’t cut into your productivity.
We Save You Money By Saving You Time
When you travel within Texas or to neighboring states, the flight itself is rather quick. It’s all the pre-flight routine that is a time suck. For example, let’s look at a sample itinerary:
9:00 AM Flight from IAH to DFW
- 5:30 AM— Leave for the airport to beat traffic, maybe take a $30.00 rideshare or pay for parking.
- 7:00 AM— Arrive at the airport to clear TSA checkpoint
- 8:00 AM— Arrive at your gate check emails.
- 8:30 AM— If you’re lucky begin boarding, or your flight is delayed it’s a toss-up
- 9:30 AM— Finally in the air
- 12:00 PM— Finally deplaning and now have to wait on luggage and taxi or rental shuttle
We’ve already taken more time than it takes to drive to Dallas and are barely in the airport concourse— do we really need to say anymore?
Now, consider the smarter alternative with Houston limo service from Excelsior:
7:00 AM Pickup From Your Home To Your Hotel In Dallas
6:45 AM— Driver shows up, text alerts you that he’s ready when you are. Clean, disinfected car, masked driver, safety shield, and in-car wi-fi allowing you to work the entire trip in comfort.
11:00 AM— Checked in to your hotel, ready to go.
Additionally, when you’re ready to meet your client, call us—we provide service nationwide and can take that call too. As well, when your trip is complete, your driver for the return trip will be at your hotel to pick you up. All with minimal downtime of maybe 30 minutes combined
Let Us Take The Wheel
For your intrastate travel needs, it just makes more sense all around to hire Excelsior Transportation. Better value, safer ride, and a lot more legroom! Book online 24/7.