Excelsior is 100% committed to providing our passengers with the best experience in the transportation industry. While we have always set the standard for private and luxury transportation, we also apply that dedication to client safety during the COVID pandemic.
When COVID-19 first presented itself as more than a fluke virus we made it a priority to get ahead of the curve in safety. In doing that, we were among the first businesses in Houston to implement defined COVID-19 protocols.
We Owe It To You—Our Loyal Clients
We felt that we owed it to our clients, our city, and humanity, in general, to do our part to stop the spread. After all, if it wasn’t for our clients pre-COVID, we wouldn’t even be here. So, we invested thousands into innovative PPE gear from Foxmark for our entire fleet of vehicles. These innovative shields separate our drivers from passengers while being crystal clear and not blocking sightlines. We also trained our entire staff extensively on our rigid hierarchy of control to mitigate COVID risks.
Hierarchy of COVID Control
- Elimination – Disinfect the vehicle before and after each trip. A critical step as it doesn’t even chance the possibility of contamination from one trip to another.
- Substitute – Limit the number of passengers for each trip (use another vehicle). This ensures that we maintain social distancing as much as logistically possible.
- Engineering Control – Implementation of the Foxmark Driver Shield. Minimally intrusive yet the most robust protection of any fleet in Houston.
- Administrative control – Screening policy in place to ensure drivers are fit for duty and tested regularly. We implemented this because our drivers, regardless of COVID, must be healthy to transport our clients. Even with things like Flu, strep, or any communicable diseases we’ve always operated with a strict policy.
This dedication to the safety of our clients has been costly but we believe it was absolutely worth every penny. Everyone is having to adjust and modify the way they do business to protect their customers so we’re no different. We just go above and beyond because we like to set standards not follow them.
So, we paid close attention to the CDC recommendations, local doctors were consulted as well as leading health organizations. We wanted to make sure that our efforts were conducted properly so they wouldn’t be in vain.
Safety Is Our Mandate
We have been dealing with COVID for over a year now. In that time, we have gotten a better understanding of just how serious the virus is. However, we have also grown in the knowledge of how to mitigate the risk of transmission. At Excelsior we remain vigilant in our commitment to keeping our employees and our clients safe.
Therefore, despite the reopening and rescinding of the mask mandate here in Texas, we are choosing safety above all. We will continue to implement our own mask mandate for your safety and ours. On all of our bookings, from simple sedan transportation to our party and charter buses our protocols remain active.
We know that wearing a mask can be inconvenient, however, we are considering the health of our clients and employees. It is our firm belief that a minor inconvenience is worth the extra measure of safety that comes with it. In addition to our mask policy, we will continue to conduct the following COVID safety practices:
Extensive Driver Health Screening
Our chauffeurs are screened before each shift to ensure there are no symptoms of COVID present. If there are, they are not permitted to work and will need a negative COVID test result before returning to work.
If an employee has contracted the virus they must follow CDC quarantine measures before returning. Additionally, they must present an antigen COVID test that shows negative for the virus.
When an employee has been exposed to the virus they must follow CDC precautionary quarantine procedures. They also must present a negative COVID test result before returning to work.
As much as our chauffeurs want clients to feel welcome and engage with them we must make necessary adjustments. The level of professionalism and courtesy will remain the same only the personal interaction will be affected.
Our chauffeurs will continue to wear a mask at all times during trips and maintain social distancing measures. Also, handshakes and other forms of close contact are restricted for now. Luggage handling will include the use of hand sanitizer before and after handling.
We want to re-iterate─we are smiling beneath the masks. We are incredibly blessed to have your business during this trying time.
Vehicle And Booking Protocols
Our vehicles are at the core of our service, we’re known for our luxury but also our cleanliness. Therefore, we take the same approach to making sure our vehicles are not just clean but sanitized against COVID. In addition to disinfecting vehicles between each trip and our driver-client interaction guidelines we also:
- Screen passengers for COVID symptoms or recent exposure. Regretfully, we refuse to transport passengers that have any symptoms such as fever, chills, or cough.
- Insist on social distancing among passengers in our vehicles whenever possible.
- Require masks to be worn by all passengers over the age of three for the duration of the trip.
- Booking for party buses and charters will take into consideration social distancing needs. We will adjust maximum capacity as needed to maintain that distancing.
We Can All Play Our Part To Fight COVID-19
Fighting this virus is not a one-way street, it takes all of us doing our part in our daily lives to help stop the spread. There are plenty of precautions that you can take so we can eventually neutralize COVID and get back to normalcy.
- Wash your hands regularly
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet for greater when in public.
- Mask up Houston─ wearing a mask has been proven to be effective in reducing the spread.
- If you feel comfortable, get vaccinated.
- Carry travel hand sanitizer with you or make use of sanitizing stations in public.
- Don’t go out in public if you feel COVID symptoms or have been recently exposed.
- Avoid large gatherings in close quarters, especially if people are unmasked
Moving Forward With COVID…
We know that everyone is frustrated with the pandemic and all of the complications that come with it. We feel the same sentiment on so many levels. However, we have learned so much about how to adapt and play the hand we’ve been dealt.
COVID isn’t going anywhere, much like any virus such as the flu, we learn to live with it and mitigate transmission. We’ve come a long way since the discovery of this virus and we are determined not to let it defeat us.
We will continue to seek new and improved ways to stop the spread of COVID and protect our clients and employees. We know that with diligence and forward-thinking innovation we can protect everyone without degrading our level of service.
At Excelsior, we greatly appreciate your continued loyalty, patience, and understanding as we battle this pandemic for all of us. Your continued business and understanding is what gives us hope, confidence, and grace to keep fighting.
If you have any further questions about our safety protocols or want to book your next trip please contact us! We’re happy to answer any questions and provide you safe transportation for all your needs.
Stay strong, we will get through this together!